Monday, October 14, 2013

if there's one thing i can't stand, it's a cheeky mouse.

I just asked dmoms if it counts as cheating if I fell in love with Portland?
 
maybe it's because we don't have a true autumn down here by the beach, but I was DYING for the gorgeous fall colors.  DYING.  gah, it is just SUCH a pretty area.  even when we were driving around* slightly lost in the smallest rental car known to man with sharkey in the backseat singing full-volume in the world's most annoying opera voice (?!) of all time...

pants, determined to find a stumptown coffee. and completely over vacationing with kids.
I need a voodoo donut, stat.  (ps. this was my 'portland' hair.  I only straightened the bangs, but I still felt too dressy.)
 
there's almost a new England vibe driving into the city...loving the green hills...

keep walkin', pants... 
here's a little timeline of what we done did...

1. airport (enjoyed pants' premier status...no lines!  although we did have to wait awhile changing planes in san fran...)
sky and I aren't tech geeks like SOME people...
2. downtown and neighborhood walkabouts, good eats
3. OMSI, washington park playground, forestry center, japanese gardens


I love that of all the things we did, the kids loved hanging at the hotel the best.  typical...
* ps - sorry Portland, I know you are like, the most bikable city in America.  can I make it up to you by saying we bike the shark to school several times a week, and pants bikes to work? 

2 comments:

Denise said...

I found you!!

(so glad you didn't delete your blog and even more glad that you blogged!)

okay, you both TOTALLY fit in in Portland!! Seriously, you belong.

Did you see the beautiful church in the middle of downtown? And, don't you just love how the trees line the streets? I couldn't get over that - love it.

and, and bridges everywhere. Glad you figured out Powell's and Voodoo donuts - popular attractions.

Can't wait for your next post!

CALAMITY JANE said...

yeah, we tried to hit all the major attractions, then vowed never to go to any of them again, ha :)